Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Secret Garden

The verdant lush green carpet of grass stretches in front of me…

The serene calm silence of the early morning air calls out to me…

The chirping of the birds reminds me of the dulcet tune from a faraway sleepy village…

The withering flowers hold my gaze for a moment as I pass them by…

The light breeze sways the leaves while I stop to catch my breath…

The palm trees tower over me assuring me that I am safe, protected…

The light drizzle makes me spread my arms wide open as I soak in the rain…

“You've gone a million miles
How far'd you get
To that place where you can't remember
And you can't forget”

It is the Secret Garden where I hide…

6 comments:

xibi said...

beautiful!!!!

Nefertiti said...

@xibi
the Secret Garden sure is beautiful. And do listen to the song by Bruce Springsteen (Jerry McGuire soundtrack). The lyrics are mind blowing...

Neil D'souza said...

Why do I distinctly remember telling you to listen to the secret garden by Bruce springsteen earlier this year?

Nefertiti said...

@neil
stop taking credit for my good taste in music. I have been listening to the song since school. we just happened to agree that it's an awesome song earlier in the year.

Neil D'souza said...

If you had good taste in music you would be listening to Jack Johnson, Neil Halstead, Elvis Presley, Norah Jones, John Fogerty, Eagles, John Mayer, Beatles, Dr Hook etc.

Your version sounds very unlike what actually happened. Lets leave it at that .... Its your blog :-)

Nefertiti said...

@neil
ohh don't you get judgmental on my tastes...
and like I said, I have been listening to Bruce Springsteen since school. so no, don't claim credit where it's not due. now go away and stay away...